Saturday, July 30, 2011

THE WORLD WITHOUT TRUST



Have you decided never to trust again?

Are you willing to take the risk?

It takes years to build trust and few seconds to destroy it, we are expected to trust our friends, families and loved ones, but it is quite unfortunate that they are the people who stands the better chances of betraying the trust we have in them. Our enemies are out of the question because we would never trust them even for a second.
It really hurts when someone we trust or love betrays the trust we have in them, from then forth trust becomes a nightmare, it disappears.
Friedric Nietzche once said "I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you". There is this other quote that says " Trust is like a vase once broken, though you can fix it, but the vase will never be the same again".
WHY IS OUR TRUST BETRAYED?
Sometimes we contribute 40% of our problems. When we want people to be whom they are not,
they pretend to be whom we want them to be, when they can't go on with the pretence, we assume that we've been betrayed.
The key is to get to know people and trust them to be who they are, instead we trust people to be who we want them to be, and when they're not, we cry.
WHO IS TO BE TRUSTED?
Here is the big question, who is to be trusted?
Most times we trust those who doesn't deserve our our trust. People who always do things beyond our expectations to gain our trust should be careful with, because they may be looking for something else. We should be careful with people like that.
DOES ANYONE TRUST ME?
If you are reading this article, know that someone trusts you and they would not want you to betray them. It took days, weeks, months, and years to build those trust and you wouldn't want to destroy it in seconds, that was why George MacDonald said "to be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved". Trust is more fragile than love.
CAN WE TRUST?
Yes we have to trust, William Shakespare wrote, " trust but verify" her short and meaningful quote answers the one question that billions of people in the world seek to find answers to.
Finally, trust but be careful and don't forget William Shakespare quote.

Next article: ONE STEP AT A TIME

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool article! I'm currently reading the book "Dear Bully" which is all about trust betrayed and it reminds one just how long it can sometimes take to trust again. Love your blog and I'll be back!

Lanre said...

Inspiring. I find it hard trusting people, especially if they have a questionable character. Well, I guess I'll work on it. Good to see a fellow Nigerian writing such. Ride on!!

Myne said...

Well done on your blog.

mike said...

i agreed world without trust..nice & impressive article you have posted.. Wonderful post, It is really not difficult to study your blog.. I have found good information in your blog… It’s a treasure for me to reading your blog..I will definitely share it with others.thanks

Online Pharmacy

Henry said...

Thanks to Sandra, Lanre, Myne whitman for all your wonderful comments I look forward to seeing more comments from your friends

Henry said...

@Mike I appreciate your comment hope to see more from your friends

Anonymous said...

You mentioned:
"If you are reading this article, know that someone trusts you and they would not want you to betray them."
Well I know what it's like to be untrustworthy. The people I am close to do not trust me because I have ADD. I'm desperately working through the disorder, seeking therapy and trying to learn from my failures but it causes so much strife that people I love have very little if not any faith in me.
Not having anyone trust you is a terrible feeling and I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

Henry said...

Like you said, it is hard when no body trusts you even your loved ones, family and friends, but It is harder when you don't trust your self. What matters is to trust and believe in your self.
Thank you Anonymous, your comment means a lot.

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you, valid comments only.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes